My new WIn 11 computer is missing the Microsoft Store App?!

Anonymous
2023-08-05T02:34:02+00:00

Bought a new, Win 11 computer last month. Now I notice there is no Micorsoft Store app on it. Every Microsoft Store app link fails, saying I need to download a new app to read the link. Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. Only way I can install anything is to download an installer.

To clarify:

  • Yes, this is a new computer.
  • Yes, I went through setup 100%, went through the required updates before I put anything on here
  • Yes, I have checked the Installed Apps. The Microsoft Store app does NOT SHOW UP there.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-08-05T03:06:38+00:00

Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

type wsreset.exe -i

and then select OK.

Note:

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

**Reinstall the Microsoft Store app

Press Windows key + X

Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-04T13:20:16+00:00

    says not found. when i paste the code and hit enter nothing happens. I'm missing lots of the standard windows 11 apps, unable to download store or even download anything from the store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T18:29:35+00:00

    Hey John,

    Upon running the Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} command, I'm getting the following error in the terminal:

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Register operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.WindowsStore_22312.1401.5.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe from: (AppxBundleManifest.xml) failed with error 0x80070490. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 5989a391-585f-0001-cff5-8a595f58da01 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 5989a391-585f-0001-cff5-8a595f58da01 At line:1 char:53 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

    I do see that the Microsoft Store App along with other apps are missing from the installed apps list.

    I originally noticed this issue when attempting to open various apps like Microsoft Store, Spotify, Calculator, Xbox in the start menu (which do not start-up; possible because they were deleted?). Also, while troubleshooting, I've also noticed that Microsoft.Windows.Cortana package is missing from the C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages folder. It's strange that so many applications along with this package are missing.

    Please let me know what you think. Thanks,

    Ben

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T05:35:57+00:00

    I had the MS Store, but somehow it is gone. Using the PowerShell command provided results in an error telling me that the path c:\AppXManifest.xml cannot be found because it doesn't exist.

    I have the option to see hidden files on and noticed that my winapps folder is also missing.

    Is there another way to reinstall MS Store?

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-06T01:37:57+00:00

    I want to reinstall the microsoft store on my laptop. this laptop is new

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments