My new WIn 11 computer is missing the Microsoft Store App?!

Anonymous
2023-08-05T02:34:02+00:00

Bought a new, Win 11 computer last month. Now I notice there is no Micorsoft Store app on it. Every Microsoft Store app link fails, saying I need to download a new app to read the link. Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. Only way I can install anything is to download an installer.

To clarify:

  • Yes, this is a new computer.
  • Yes, I went through setup 100%, went through the required updates before I put anything on here
  • Yes, I have checked the Installed Apps. The Microsoft Store app does NOT SHOW UP there.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-08-05T03:06:38+00:00

Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

type wsreset.exe -i

and then select OK.

Note:

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

**Reinstall the Microsoft Store app

Press Windows key + X

Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-27T01:53:01+00:00

    I am having the same issues and tried all fixes above .

    My computer is a month old and I can't install my free game pass with out store installed.

    This seems to be funny Microsoft cant fix Microsoft store app Scary

    I just tried phoning Microsoft Australia which is only PC support (no real person).
    This directed me to explain my issue, which I did and the answer given was the same as mentioned here....
    Press the Windows key  + Rto open a Run dialog box.

    Enter wsreset.exethen select OKWhen I try that method and press 'Enter' it immediately gives me....
    "Try that again.

    Page could not be loaded. Please try again later.
    Report this problem. Refresh the page.
    ______________
    To be honest I am at wits end with this and trying to get real help for a real issue with one of microsofts products appears to be a case of,
    "Don't contact us we don't care."
    I'll ask again. 
    Can anyone direct me to some way of actually getting real help from someone at Microsoft for a genuine issue with Microsoft Store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-27T20:05:53+00:00

    I have followed your instructions with no luck.
    Microsoft Store is not in my list of apps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-29T00:54:34+00:00

    Same issue here. MSI Desktop. Windows 11. No store installed whatsoever and none of the fixes listed here have worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-01T23:47:55+00:00

    i have tried the command to get microsoft store and it does not work what else can i do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments