My new WIn 11 computer is missing the Microsoft Store App?!

Anonymous
2023-08-05T02:34:02+00:00

Bought a new, Win 11 computer last month. Now I notice there is no Micorsoft Store app on it. Every Microsoft Store app link fails, saying I need to download a new app to read the link. Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. Only way I can install anything is to download an installer.

To clarify:

  • Yes, this is a new computer.
  • Yes, I went through setup 100%, went through the required updates before I put anything on here
  • Yes, I have checked the Installed Apps. The Microsoft Store app does NOT SHOW UP there.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-08-05T03:06:38+00:00

Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

type wsreset.exe -i

and then select OK.

Note:

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

**Reinstall the Microsoft Store app

Press Windows key + X

Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T20:35:16+00:00

    This worked! Thank you for that fix. Cant believe they dont have a way to download the store app by it self! They love there xbox app lol!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T01:52:58+00:00

    This did not work. I didn’t get a list of missing modules.

    Hi Dave, I finally got MS store working thanks to the person that built my computer.
    For me the issue was MS store would drop crash out when I used a VPN.
    Here is the fix that works for me.

    Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

    Follow the below steps.

    Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type inetcpl.cpl. 
    
    Under Internet Options, go to Connections tab. 
    
    Click on the LAN Settings button. 
    
    Then uncheck the option Automatically detect settings 
    
    Click Apply
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T01:39:16+00:00

    This did not work. I didn’t get a list of missing modules.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T01:18:00+00:00

    Seriously, i had given up on getting the Microsoft store on this new computer i just got for Christmas, came with windows 11 pro, but no Microsoft store, LOL, this was so simple, it fixed it in about 20 seconds. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments