My new WIn 11 computer is missing the Microsoft Store App?!

Anonymous
2023-08-05T02:34:02+00:00

Bought a new, Win 11 computer last month. Now I notice there is no Micorsoft Store app on it. Every Microsoft Store app link fails, saying I need to download a new app to read the link. Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. Only way I can install anything is to download an installer.

To clarify:

  • Yes, this is a new computer.
  • Yes, I went through setup 100%, went through the required updates before I put anything on here
  • Yes, I have checked the Installed Apps. The Microsoft Store app does NOT SHOW UP there.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-08-05T03:06:38+00:00

Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

type wsreset.exe -i

and then select OK.

Note:

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

**Reinstall the Microsoft Store app

Press Windows key + X

Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T12:24:34+00:00

    Cheers this worked , My MS store had stopped installing apps , reset and repair did not help.

    GG

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T22:22:18+00:00

    The best way I found after try this then. Open Microsoft Edge -> Go to the OFFICIAL "Microsoft App" site-> Click "..." at the right top of the Microsoft Edge tab -> Click or Get the cursor at "App" -> Click the "Install this site as app" then the Microsoft App might be downloaded. If the method, I have brought here after the method given here is working then maybe share the knowledge to others who are not yet found the method to download Microsoft App. Also, you might find "Open Store app" in the Microsoft App application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T13:43:29+00:00
    • Yes, I went through setup 100%, went through the required updates before I put anything on here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T05:28:19+00:00

    this works for windows 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments