My new WIn 11 computer is missing the Microsoft Store App?!

Anonymous
2023-08-05T02:34:02+00:00

Bought a new, Win 11 computer last month. Now I notice there is no Micorsoft Store app on it. Every Microsoft Store app link fails, saying I need to download a new app to read the link. Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. Only way I can install anything is to download an installer.

To clarify:

  • Yes, this is a new computer.
  • Yes, I went through setup 100%, went through the required updates before I put anything on here
  • Yes, I have checked the Installed Apps. The Microsoft Store app does NOT SHOW UP there.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-08-05T03:06:38+00:00

Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

type wsreset.exe -i

and then select OK.

Note:

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

**Reinstall the Microsoft Store app

Press Windows key + X

Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T23:35:25+00:00

    I tried this solution too, but on running the second command I got this....

    "C:\Windows\System32>Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

    'Get-AppXPackage' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

    operable program or batch file."

    Run in the command prompt as administrator.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-14T09:32:49+00:00

    I was in the same boat as you. None of the steps I read and tried worked. Until it dawned on me: What if I tried to use the Xbox app, which needs the Windows Store to work? So when I went into the start menu and opened it, it first said it was missing some dependencies. It gave me a list of which ones they were and an option to install them. Guess what was at the bottom of the list? You guessed it right if you said Windows Store. I hit the install button, and a notification popped up saying Windows Store installed. I clicked it, and it opened with no issues. I hope this helps you or anyone else having this issue because I spent a few hours/day reading and looking for a fix, but it failed every time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T10:31:28+00:00

    First, I ran wsreset.exe -i. After Windows closed in about 15 seconds (which took longer than expected), I then ran Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} without parentheses. This process took a good 2 minutes. There were no additional prompts, but it seemed stuck on the window, and the store did not appear.

    I then did a full reboot, logged in, and the app store appeared with no issues. It worked, just needed to be patient.

    Thanks,

    Sifu Dan
    Sifu Techs Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T12:35:33+00:00

    It didn't work for me. I tried launching it and it went away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments