My new WIn 11 computer is missing the Microsoft Store App?!

Anonymous
2023-08-05T02:34:02+00:00

Bought a new, Win 11 computer last month. Now I notice there is no Micorsoft Store app on it. Every Microsoft Store app link fails, saying I need to download a new app to read the link. Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. Only way I can install anything is to download an installer.

To clarify:

  • Yes, this is a new computer.
  • Yes, I went through setup 100%, went through the required updates before I put anything on here
  • Yes, I have checked the Installed Apps. The Microsoft Store app does NOT SHOW UP there.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-08-05T03:06:38+00:00

Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

type wsreset.exe -i

and then select OK.

Note:

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

**Reinstall the Microsoft Store app

Press Windows key + X

Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-13T03:42:35+00:00

    ya i tried this and it didn't work i still do not have the microsoft store i just got this computer, it has windows 11 pro on it but it is missing the microsoft store i can't even seem to download it

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T18:11:59+00:00

    I have also executed all the suggested remedies to include the "type wsreset.exe -i" fix.

    It started to install MS Store and the Store Experience Host but stopped at 95% for both.

    PLEASE HELP!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-26T06:23:52+00:00

    Oh dear :( I did do the 60km return trip to where I had my pc built and luckily the company did not charge me to get Microsoft store working.
    Three weeks later I went to do a required update on an app that I purchased several years ago and I am right back where I was with Microsoft Store.
    "Try that again.

    Page could not be loaded. Please try again later.
    Report this problem. Refresh the page.
    I cannot believe Microgarbage has left this issue for so many people for so long and appear to have their collective heads in the sand to ignore the issue.
    I know you are trying to help us but we aren't all tech smart and from what I read not everyone has success with the suggestions.

    Is there a way of actually reporting this issue to Microsoft and then have them look at this issue and have them fix their errors for all the people that it affects?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-13T03:44:18+00:00

    same thing here. what do i do

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments