I was reluctant to change, but I have migrated to the new Outlook and found it to be easier to use. I have not discovered any particular problems, no data has been lost as far as I can tell, and many of the features are better and more like the Outlook that I had been using at work.
microsoft will be migrating all emails to outlook in 2024. Will I lose my old emails and contacts?
I have 2 msn.com email accounts for years and need my old emails and contacts and folder in my email. I use a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop version of office not a subscription.
According to Microsoft: "Beginning in 2024, Windows 11 devices will be shipped with the new Outlook for Windows as the default mailbox application free for all to use. Starting in June 2023, we are beginning the process of migrating existing Windows Mail, Calendar, and People users to the new Outlook for Windows."
Does this mean I may lose my old emails and contacts and email folders in migration. How can I prevent or save for easy access?
Thanks for info. I am not very tech smart.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-04-10T20:30:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-04-10T22:01:23+00:00 Microsoft did not migrate all my emails to the new outlook. It will not add a pop account.
-
Anonymous
2024-04-10T22:03:53+00:00 Microsoft did not migrate all emails to outlook. Any other accounts that did not transfer you can go directly to their webpage.
-
Anonymous
2024-04-11T12:35:39+00:00 The “Copilot GPT” gave this answer that seems reasonable.
“The new Outlook for Windows currently lacks support for IMAP accounts. This means that you cannot add email accounts from providers like Yahoo!, iCloud, or others that use IMAP protocols to the new Outlook app. However, there’s good news! The Outlook team is actively working to enhance the app’s capabilities, including adding support for more account types, including IMAP accounts. While they haven’t announced a specific timeline, they are listening to user feedback and prioritizing requested features^1^. In the meantime, here are some steps you can take:
- Use Classic Outlook: You can continue using the classic Outlook for Windows app to access your IMAP account.
- Web Access: Access your email provider’s website via a web browser.
- Toggle Between Apps: You can switch back and forth between the new and classic Outlook for Windows apps using the toggle switch at the top-right corner of the window.
Stay tuned for updates on the new Outlook for Windows development, and soon you’ll be able to manage your IMAP accounts seamlessly! 📧🔍”
-
Anonymous
2024-04-11T12:38:36+00:00 The “Copilot GPT” gave this answer that seems reasonable.
“The new Outlook for Windows currently lacks support for IMAP accounts. This means that you cannot add email accounts from providers like Yahoo!, iCloud, or others that use IMAP protocols to the new Outlook app. However, there’s good news! The Outlook team is actively working to enhance the app’s capabilities, including adding support for more account types, including IMAP accounts. While they haven’t announced a specific timeline, they are listening to user feedback and prioritizing requested features^1^. In the meantime, here are some steps you can take:
- Use Classic Outlook: You can continue using the classic Outlook for Windows app to access your IMAP account.
- Web Access: Access your email provider’s website via a web browser.
- Toggle Between Apps: You can switch back and forth between the new and classic Outlook for Windows apps using the toggle switch at the top-right corner of the window.
Stay tuned for updates on the new Outlook for Windows development, and soon you’ll be able to manage your IMAP accounts seamlessly! 📧🔍”