microsoft will be migrating all emails to outlook in 2024. Will I lose my old emails and contacts?

Anonymous
2023-08-11T18:16:19+00:00

I have 2 msn.com email accounts for years and need my old emails and contacts and folder in my email. I use a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop version of office not a subscription.

According to Microsoft: "Beginning in 2024, Windows 11 devices will be shipped with the new Outlook for Windows as the default mailbox application free for all to use. Starting in June 2023, we are beginning the process of migrating existing Windows Mail, Calendar, and People users to the new Outlook for Windows."

Does this mean I may lose my old emails and contacts and email folders in migration. How can I prevent or save for easy access?

Thanks for info. I am not very tech smart.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T20:16:17+00:00

    When you switch People to Outlook, will I lose all the entries I created with my internet provider that are held with Microsoft entries now in the same People file?

    Similarly, will I lose old files in the new Outlook Calendar? I tried the switch, but it only created a new calendar that was blank, with no info for my appointments. That won't work. Did I do something wrong?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-06T23:28:04+00:00

    Hi, i have no 2024 emails, why?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T18:25:47+00:00

    I use two email accounts - one is gmail and the other is with a small provider both of which I want to keep. Will the new Outlook automatically include both of them?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T23:44:35+00:00

    At this point POP3 email is not available in the new Windows Outlook... So If you can not shift to IMAP .. there maybe an issue for the small provider email access... (IMAP works a bit differently than POP3)

    There is some hope that POP3 is on the wish list as are a number of other big issues...

    hope this helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-12T00:07:50+00:00

    You just explained the cause that Microsoft Mail does not send outgoing mail. However, I hope I will know how to set iMAP to work in Microsoft Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments