microsoft will be migrating all emails to outlook in 2024. Will I lose my old emails and contacts?

Anonymous
2023-08-11T18:16:19+00:00

I have 2 msn.com email accounts for years and need my old emails and contacts and folder in my email. I use a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop version of office not a subscription.

According to Microsoft: "Beginning in 2024, Windows 11 devices will be shipped with the new Outlook for Windows as the default mailbox application free for all to use. Starting in June 2023, we are beginning the process of migrating existing Windows Mail, Calendar, and People users to the new Outlook for Windows."

Does this mean I may lose my old emails and contacts and email folders in migration. How can I prevent or save for easy access?

Thanks for info. I am not very tech smart.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T20:16:17+00:00

    When you switch People to Outlook, will I lose all the entries I created with my internet provider that are held with Microsoft entries now in the same People file?

    Similarly, will I lose old files in the new Outlook Calendar? I tried the switch, but it only created a new calendar that was blank, with no info for my appointments. That won't work. Did I do something wrong?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T09:24:38+00:00

    I can not lose my old emails, most are on Virginmedia, what can I do to make sure they are still available

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T01:54:39+00:00

    Will others still be able to send email to my hotmail.com account and will it automatically go to outlook,com?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T20:07:22+00:00

    do we need to lose our gmail accounts? I do not want to change my email address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-03T23:28:21+00:00

    I have a different problem, i don't know if this is the right place. It is very hard for me to work in outlook this to me is the same as the web based outlook. i get numerous emails daily that i want to delete , I either have to check each individual email and then delete it or I can click more than one and delete them all together , but i click on one of the not in the right place i have to redo all of them. My question is there any way i could open mail without being switched to outlook, at least until they migrate fully?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments