Thanks for the clear explanation.
microsoft will be migrating all emails to outlook in 2024. Will I lose my old emails and contacts?
I have 2 msn.com email accounts for years and need my old emails and contacts and folder in my email. I use a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop version of office not a subscription.
According to Microsoft: "Beginning in 2024, Windows 11 devices will be shipped with the new Outlook for Windows as the default mailbox application free for all to use. Starting in June 2023, we are beginning the process of migrating existing Windows Mail, Calendar, and People users to the new Outlook for Windows."
Does this mean I may lose my old emails and contacts and email folders in migration. How can I prevent or save for easy access?
Thanks for info. I am not very tech smart.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-01-12T00:30:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-01-12T00:27:32+00:00 Thanks for the clear explanation.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-12T00:07:50+00:00 You just explained the cause that Microsoft Mail does not send outgoing mail. However, I hope I will know how to set iMAP to work in Microsoft Outlook.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-08T20:07:22+00:00 do we need to lose our gmail accounts? I do not want to change my email address.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more