Windows Update ERROR

Anonymous
2023-08-05T06:53:29+00:00

Greetings

Last night i updated windows 11 and i got an error,

Windows Intelligence Update

Install Error 0x80070057

I am unable to complete the update no matter what, i have tried restarting the PC as well but no good.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-09T14:42:30+00:00

    I have the exact same issue on WIndows 11 Canary Build 25921 on two of my machines and its driven me nuts...I can't find a solution anywhere. I have ended up just "pausing" updates for the next 1 week (in Windows Update menu) and now I can reboot etc without the nagging message about the "pending" update...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-09T14:53:39+00:00

    Same issue here - done the command line fix, problem still persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-09T21:16:15+00:00

    I have this exact same issue right now and certainly do not want to reinstall. Hoping for a solution. I suppose I will have to check back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-09T23:52:55+00:00

    Same issue

    Done all the suggestions but no luck

    Install error - 0x80070057

    for Windows Intelligence Update

    and infinite reboot request on 2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 (KB5028949)

    Version 23H2 OS build 25921.1000

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-10T02:45:41+00:00

    Sadly me too... looks like they rolled out a bad update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments