Windows Update ERROR

Anonymous
2023-08-05T06:53:29+00:00

Greetings

Last night i updated windows 11 and i got an error,

Windows Intelligence Update

Install Error 0x80070057

I am unable to complete the update no matter what, i have tried restarting the PC as well but no good.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-05T08:29:18+00:00

    Hello Diablo221,

    I am Jaspreet Singh.

    Please follow these steps :

    Search for cmd in the search bar.

    Right click on the results and click on run as administrator.

    Paste this command in it and press enter :

    cd %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender

    MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures

    MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate

    Restart your device after this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-05T14:46:33+00:00

    Hello Diablo221,
    I am Jaspreet Singh.
    Please follow these steps :
    Search for cmd in the search bar.
    Right click on the results and click on run as administrator.
    Paste this command in it and press enter :

    cd %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender
    MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures
    MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate

    Restart your device after this.

    Greetings,

    Thank You for replying to my query. I tried as you mentioned above and rebooted PC, however, the windows update error still remains, i still am having the same error and issue.

    Thanks

    Diablo221

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-06T08:20:44+00:00

    Is it the KB2267602 (Version 1.393.2270.0) update causing this issue?

    Do check the update history under the definition update section if the same update has already been installed which might be causing this error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-06T10:42:27+00:00

    Is it the KB2267602 (Version 1.393.2270.0) update causing this issue?
    Do check the update history under the definition update section if the same update has already been installed which might be causing this error.

    Hi, I have the exact same issue. I followed the steps above and that didn't fix the update error.

    I've checked the definition update section and KB2267602 (Version 1.393.2270.0) is not on the list.

    I don't know if this is helpful, but there are 4 newer versions installed: 1.393.2343.0, 1.393.2349.0, 1.393.2359.0 and 1.393.2424.0.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-08T09:59:21+00:00

    Any joy yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments