solved for me,
with this code in cmd:
cd %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender
MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures
MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Greetings
Last night i updated windows 11 and i got an error,
Windows Intelligence Update
Install Error 0x80070057
I am unable to complete the update no matter what, i have tried restarting the PC as well but no good.
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
solved for me,
with this code in cmd:
cd %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender
MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures
MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate
Thanks! It may not work for everyone, but it worked for me. This was after having a continuously failing 'Intelligence Update' showing 'Install error - 0x80070057.
You can actually copy and paste all of those lines. They will run in sequence. You just have to make sure the last line gets entered.
I was hoping to find a solution from Microsoft without having to format my drive. too much work for a nag. I just paused the updates until they resolve it.
I can confirm this... I have done it on 2 different devices (one a desktop and the other a laptop) and am all good now on bothachines with no nagging WU unwanted messages.