Nothing in passkeys is indicative of an option that would prompt me to select a mobile device.
I attempted to delete the one listed below, but could not, and still see the aforementioned prompt when any website prompts me for a security key.
Disable "iPhone, iPad, or Android device" option for Passkey Sign-in
As of recent builds of Win 11, when prompted to use a security key, the following prompt appears:
It's insanely annoying to have to manually select Security Key every time, and I want to completely get rid of the iPhone, iPad, or Android device option. There is no intuitive way to do this through the Settings app.
How. The. Hell. Do. I. Turn. It. Off.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-11-08T21:02:20+00:00 -
EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-11-08T20:53:47+00:00 My apologies. The website of duo threw me off and I admit I didn't look closely.
Indeed, this is the passkey feature.
As of now, the only native way to delete them is via Settings > Accounts > Passkeys, you would see a list of websites listed here. You will need to click on the three dots of each one to delete them.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-08T14:53:05+00:00 This has nothing to do with Duo MFA. It's the new Passkey feature in 23H2 that defaults to iPhone, iPad, ... it's extremely annoying. I Should default to the security key (or be configurable through the MDM).
-
EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-11-07T22:41:01+00:00 Hello, this is Emily.
Is this a work computer? This option actually is not coming from Windows, but it is from Cisco's Duo MFA app. Based on that screenshot you shared, it indicates that your company deployed Cisco as its multifactor authentication option. This is why I am asking if this is a work computer. What type of account do you use to sign into your computer?
If it is a work account, and/or a work device, only your work IT department can help you turn that off.