I noticed that today, in Firefox, this prompt is behaving like it used to (it is not throwing up the iPhone/iPad/Android QR code option). This is true in both non-Private and Private windows. In Chrome and Edge, the annoying extra prompt still shows up.
Disable "iPhone, iPad, or Android device" option for Passkey Sign-in
As of recent builds of Win 11, when prompted to use a security key, the following prompt appears:
It's insanely annoying to have to manually select Security Key every time, and I want to completely get rid of the iPhone, iPad, or Android device option. There is no intuitive way to do this through the Settings app.
How. The. Hell. Do. I. Turn. It. Off.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-11-24T17:53:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-11-22T16:14:51+00:00 No known registry/group policy options at the moment. It's clearly a half baked "feature" that wasn't ready for a production release.
Best option is to uninstall the windows update for now. You can't remove it using the update interface, so you have to use the command line. Open up a admin console and run
uninstall: wusa /uninstall /kb:5032190 The update might be different if you're on 23H2? 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 (KB5032190) 10/31/2023 -
Anonymous
2023-11-22T15:37:27+00:00 I haven't found one yet.
Even more annoying is that if users select the device option to sign in, the passkey never saves to the phone even though all notifications on the phone are on and the phones are up to date and biometrics on.
just the same "No passkeys are available. There aren't any passkeys for logon.microsoft.com.com on this device."
REALLY frustrating.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-22T13:36:28+00:00 Agree!
Is there any registry key that can make it disappear?
-
Anonymous
2023-11-20T18:55:34+00:00 Jesus this new "feature" is awful. How did this even make it past testing??? I hope they fix it soon.
I've just straight up uninstalled the update. The pretentiousness for Microsoft to think that every user in world should click through another prompt for every single login is absolutely insane.