+1, please change that !
Disable "iPhone, iPad, or Android device" option for Passkey Sign-in
As of recent builds of Win 11, when prompted to use a security key, the following prompt appears:
It's insanely annoying to have to manually select Security Key every time, and I want to completely get rid of the iPhone, iPad, or Android device option. There is no intuitive way to do this through the Settings app.
How. The. Hell. Do. I. Turn. It. Off.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-12-07T13:35:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-12-02T00:52:28+00:00 Following in case anyone finds a solution.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-01T00:17:19+00:00 Terrible, terrible design. At a minimum, even if it's not directly configurable, it should remember your last successful login and default to that option.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-30T16:43:31+00:00 Unbelievable how stupid this change is...Please Microsoft, FIX THIS!
-
Anonymous
2023-11-28T23:41:24+00:00 This is an annoying monstrosity. Hardware keys are the most secure logins we have so it defaults to a software passkey that doesn't exist every stinking time I need to log in. I'm an MSP/VAR; this pops up at least 100 times a day for me.