I had an Android Device (Pixel 6 Pro) that I upgraded to Pixel 8 Pro and NOW Microsoft will only recognize the OLD Pixel 6 Pro and requires me to use an Obsolete Phone to remove my Win11 Passkey (A Complete Security Risk). I Don't have that phone now, So I can't delete the SECURITY RISK of an Old Phone and NO ONE Between Microsoft and Google Cares at ALL? Plus I am also getting this annoying Sign In request every single time....
Disable "iPhone, iPad, or Android device" option for Passkey Sign-in
As of recent builds of Win 11, when prompted to use a security key, the following prompt appears:
It's insanely annoying to have to manually select Security Key every time, and I want to completely get rid of the iPhone, iPad, or Android device option. There is no intuitive way to do this through the Settings app.
How. The. Hell. Do. I. Turn. It. Off.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-12-14T15:49:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-12-13T16:22:55+00:00 And this is not limited to Windows 11, also happening on Windows 10 computers. So annoying to have to do an extra step.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-11T17:07:55+00:00 MicroBUGS, sorry, I meant, Microsoft, is the only company that was able to turn a fool-proof and pretty straight forward action into something really annoying. But more annoying is that my desktop doesn't have Bluetooth built in, so how I'm supposed to be able to use my phone to log in?
-
Anonymous
2023-12-11T07:27:24+00:00 This is exactly my use case : Yubikey !
If at least, the "Security key" was the default / First option ....
In order to avoid to "click", I tend to do :
[TAB] + [SPACE] + [TAB] + [SPACE] which, switch to "Security key", then select it, then switch to "Next" then select it...
-
Anonymous
2023-12-08T21:27:06+00:00 Yes! It is incredibly annoying that I can't disable the phone option!
Every time I want to use my Yubikey, it keeps asking me if I want to use an iPhone, iPad, or Android. I do not and will never use those options.
Please have a setting to entirely disable all other options except for my usual security key which is the Yubikey.
Stop asking to use iPhone, iPad and Android Device as a passkey!