No Windows 11 Copilot After Installing 23H2 Update - I live in the United States

Anonymous
2023-11-09T22:03:00+00:00

As the title says, I have updated my Windows 11 installation to the latest 23H2 update and I still do not have Copilot available. It is not on my Taskbar and there is no Copilot switch available under Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar. All I have are options for Search, Task View and Widgets. I live in Ohio in the United States, so it should be available to me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-19T13:16:50+00:00

    Same here, 23H2 installation first showed having an error.
    However this message quickly disappeared and now it shows as "successfully installed 16/11/2023" in Update History.

    There is no such option to enable it under Taskbar Settings / Taskbar items.
    I tried to uninstall the the latest Windows update via boot repair, but it does yield an error immediately too.
    It looks to me, like it Windows thinks the update was done and reports no issues, but I can not see any signs of the mentioned changes or features on my system.

    I tried to use Update repair tool, it said it found a problem and did changes and I shall try again, but it doesn't change anything.

    The update is still listed as successful.
    Searching for updates tells all is up to date.
    I'm a bit out of clue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-19T18:36:20+00:00

    I recently found a post that mentioned one of the known issues with this update is that people who use, or have used, a multi-monitor setup do not get the Copilot option. I have a multi-monitor setup, so that may be the issue I was seeing. After I removed one of my monitors and installed the latest drivers for my GPU, the Copilot option became available. My previous driver was only a month or two old, so it's not like I was using some ancient driver. So, I assume it was the multi-monitor thing that was causing my issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-19T19:22:02+00:00

    Interesting find. I use three monitors indeed, but it sounds quite odd, that this would cause problems with Copilot.
    However somehow I think I have found none of the 23H2 advertised features on my system.
    Any idea what else could I look at to verify?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-19T21:54:18+00:00

    Hopefully, a fix will be coming soon. This was just released to the DEV channel last month.

    Windows 11 Build 23570 (Dev) allows opening Copilot on multiple monitors (winaero.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T16:11:20+00:00

    I have this problem here in the UK. I saw the following on the forum. And FIRST I have the setting to recieve latest updates ON.
    A preview of Copilot in Windows will start rolling out with the next wave of continuous innovation in Windows 11 version 22H2 KB5030310 Build 22621.2361 on September 26, 2023. Copilot in Windows adds AI to your Windows 11 experience to help you find answers, complete tasks, and be more productive. With Copilot, people can quickly make sense of long articles on the web, craft and polish content, or create stunning images--all directly within the Windows 11 experience. I did a fresh install of Windows 11 to update my PC to Windows 11 rather than an update from Windows 10.
    I am running OS: 22H2 Build 22621.2792. My latest update is: 2023-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032288) Which is a lot later than KB5030310 aka above. Looking in my updates I previously updated apparently wtih:
    2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5030310). Which is the one that should have given me CoPilot I think? I just feel this updating/patching of Microsoft is a mess. Just as bad for my work in IT in a charity as Windows Home; Windows Pro and now Windows Enterprise or sometimes called Windows Business. I have heard that if this update doesn't feel your Windows can take it will not install it. But then surely you should be given and error message - I received no error message with KB5030310. I am writing this in my capacity as a home user. In my work as an IT volunteer at the charity we pay for third party support. But we still run into these confusions and Microsoft messes. i am not that fussed to get CoPilot but wonder why if I am updating consistently I am not getting this CoPilot wonderful AI sort of thing. But I see lower down it doesn't like Multiple Monitors - reallly!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments