Hello Christopher,
Just to confirm, are you signed into Windows 11 with a Microsoft account?
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-windows-copilot-in-windows-11.17045/
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
As the title says, I have updated my Windows 11 installation to the latest 23H2 update and I still do not have Copilot available. It is not on my Taskbar and there is no Copilot switch available under Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar. All I have are options for Search, Task View and Widgets. I live in Ohio in the United States, so it should be available to me.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello Christopher,
Just to confirm, are you signed into Windows 11 with a Microsoft account?
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-windows-copilot-in-windows-11.17045/
Correct. I am signed in with my normal Microsoft online account (using my hotmail email address). It is not a local account.
I followed the instructions for adding the Registry keys for Copilot that you linked above and that made no change for me.
The REG files will only disable or re-enable Copilot if you already have it.
You could use the vivetool command below to enable Copilot though.
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-windows-copilot-in-windows-11.17045/#post-351158
I know that I could use the vivetool, but I purposely waited until 23H2 installed on its own so that I didn't have to mess with that tool. I just want to understand why it's not working as it should be.
I'm not sure why you don't have it either since you are in the US and signed in with a Microsoft account. Hopefully it'll be available to you soon.