I now have CoPilot. Someone on this Forum gave me a link to an installer for CoPilot. Though CoPilot is very much as the 'introductory' phase. I had to manualy install CoPilot. I am not a great fan of Microsoft and the way they handle updates/patches etc... And all this 22H2/23H2 even for Windows 11. And now rumours of a Windows 12 from an organisation that told us Windows 10 is the final issuse we will now upgrade it step by step.
No Windows 11 Copilot After Installing 23H2 Update - I live in the United States
As the title says, I have updated my Windows 11 installation to the latest 23H2 update and I still do not have Copilot available. It is not on my Taskbar and there is no Copilot switch available under Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar. All I have are options for Search, Task View and Widgets. I live in Ohio in the United States, so it should be available to me.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-12-31T12:12:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-12-10T16:11:20+00:00 I have this problem here in the UK. I saw the following on the forum. And FIRST I have the setting to recieve latest updates ON.
A preview of Copilot in Windows will start rolling out with the next wave of continuous innovation in Windows 11 version 22H2 KB5030310 Build 22621.2361 on September 26, 2023. Copilot in Windows adds AI to your Windows 11 experience to help you find answers, complete tasks, and be more productive. With Copilot, people can quickly make sense of long articles on the web, craft and polish content, or create stunning images--all directly within the Windows 11 experience. I did a fresh install of Windows 11 to update my PC to Windows 11 rather than an update from Windows 10.
I am running OS: 22H2 Build 22621.2792. My latest update is: 2023-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032288) Which is a lot later than KB5030310 aka above. Looking in my updates I previously updated apparently wtih:
2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5030310). Which is the one that should have given me CoPilot I think? I just feel this updating/patching of Microsoft is a mess. Just as bad for my work in IT in a charity as Windows Home; Windows Pro and now Windows Enterprise or sometimes called Windows Business. I have heard that if this update doesn't feel your Windows can take it will not install it. But then surely you should be given and error message - I received no error message with KB5030310. I am writing this in my capacity as a home user. In my work as an IT volunteer at the charity we pay for third party support. But we still run into these confusions and Microsoft messes. i am not that fussed to get CoPilot but wonder why if I am updating consistently I am not getting this CoPilot wonderful AI sort of thing. But I see lower down it doesn't like Multiple Monitors - reallly!! -
Anonymous
2023-11-19T19:22:02+00:00 Interesting find. I use three monitors indeed, but it sounds quite odd, that this would cause problems with Copilot.
However somehow I think I have found none of the 23H2 advertised features on my system.
Any idea what else could I look at to verify? -
Anonymous
2023-11-10T13:34:31+00:00 I'm not sure why you don't have it either since you are in the US and signed in with a Microsoft account. Hopefully it'll be available to you soon.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-10T03:40:11+00:00 The REG files will only disable or re-enable Copilot if you already have it.
You could use the vivetool command below to enable Copilot though.
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-windows-copilot-in-windows-11.17045/#post-351158