Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

Anonymous
2023-10-16T15:08:02+00:00

Dell XPS 8940
Windows 11 Pro

Version 22h2

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz

64.0 GB RAM

Two Drive 1.84 TB

It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I have all the Updates from Microsoft and Dell.

What on earth can it be??? Windows is becoming insensibly frustrating!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-08T03:23:19+00:00

    This is what solved the freezing problem for me.

    In the NVIDIA control panel, under Manage 3D settings, i set the power management to "prefer maximum performance".

    Never had any freezing problem after that only one change.

    I seen this recommendation on another forum.

    I hope it can help you all !

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-08T03:31:38+00:00

    Please tell me if you tried the settings like i specified just before?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-08T08:18:16+00:00

    In my case, after many rounds of trying various fixes, Dell had me totally re-install Windows from a flash drive they sent me. Not an ideal way to go, but I haven’t had any problems since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-08T13:40:19+00:00

    Thank you so much! Mine was set to NORMAL so I changed it to MAX perf. I'll let you all know how it works out.

    --Dean-O

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-09T20:36:40+00:00

    I no sooner made the changes when my system hung up again, first time in over a month. So I guess this didn't fix it. Am debating whether to set it back to normal or leave it on MAX PERFORMANCE.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments