Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

Anonymous
2023-10-16T15:08:02+00:00

Dell XPS 8940
Windows 11 Pro

Version 22h2

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz

64.0 GB RAM

Two Drive 1.84 TB

It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I have all the Updates from Microsoft and Dell.

What on earth can it be??? Windows is becoming insensibly frustrating!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T23:01:38+00:00

    I freezes with the prior drivers and the updated drivers for 1/10/24 so I just removed the stupid update and I have no issues now

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T21:38:47+00:00

    Saw that on the boards and did it. Worked great. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T21:29:41+00:00

    It is the NVIDIA Driver, try to use the "GeForce Game Ready Driver" Version 536.23 and stay there, if you have a higher version your computer will Freeze. I have the latest version of the BIOS for my XPS-8940 and still freezes if I install a newer version of NVIDIA driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T16:14:51+00:00

    Yup Microsoft strikes again, I just spent $200 to have my computer C drive whipped, windows 11 installed with ALL drivers ALL BIOS and all updates. RAN PERFECT for a month and then good old Microsoft has to come out with anther BS update and now it randomly freezes even after updating all the recommended drivers again. So sick of this BS over and over and over again, intrusive demanding Micrsoft with plague you until you update to a new package to whatever **** they want installed that prior to this the machine, MSI with 64 gigs of ram 2700 RTX video card, 12 core processors was running just fine prior.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-01T01:21:40+00:00

    Hello,

    We are very happy to know that everything is now working on your end.

    Do not hesitate to ask the community at any time in case you have any questions in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments