Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

Anonymous
2023-10-16T15:08:02+00:00

Dell XPS 8940
Windows 11 Pro

Version 22h2

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz

64.0 GB RAM

Two Drive 1.84 TB

It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I have all the Updates from Microsoft and Dell.

What on earth can it be??? Windows is becoming insensibly frustrating!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T16:38:17+00:00

    I also used the diagnostic tool, there was a driver problem, but no matter what I did, I could not fix it without wiping out the entire Windows system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T16:35:57+00:00

    I bought an extended warranty, and it didn't help. In the end I had to completely wipe out Windows and start all over -- which is what I was trying to avoid. Although, it seems to be fine now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T13:40:13+00:00

    I have the extended warranty w Dell. Technician assist through remote access interactive fixed the issue. I have the same PC. It is running blazing fast now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T13:32:18+00:00

    My Dell diagnostic tool led me to the fix. It was driver issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T12:47:36+00:00

    I followed the link provided by LuisNY in an earlier reply and went to the Dell site and installed the Nvidia Driver. See image below. I haven't had any freezes since installing that driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments