Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

Anonymous
2023-10-16T15:08:02+00:00

Dell XPS 8940
Windows 11 Pro

Version 22h2

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz

64.0 GB RAM

Two Drive 1.84 TB

It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I have all the Updates from Microsoft and Dell.

What on earth can it be??? Windows is becoming insensibly frustrating!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T00:03:41+00:00

    Impossible since I can not shut it down

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T23:19:43+00:00

    I had tried several fixes for teh same problem, then tried the rollback to a previous nvidea driver as suggested

    Don't want to jinx myself but have not had a crash in over a week, used to happen 3-6 times a day. Thank yuou, HOrace,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T23:01:19+00:00

    cannot use computer,frozen and no response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-04T12:12:30+00:00

    I switched to Edge as well, it was working fine for several days, but starts to froze today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T18:10:18+00:00

    Thanks for the replies. One day, for whatever reason, I switched from the Edge browser to Chrome. And, the sticking problem magically went away!

    I'm not sure if Edge is corrupted...or what. All I know is that Chrome works great...and Edge doesn't.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments