Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643

Anonymous
2023-10-13T09:33:55+00:00

Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643

I am unable to install this update. I start with the basic options of restarting and trying but it has now lasted for quite some time.

I have tried clearing the whole cache of windows update as per the guide by Seema-Bharti here how to clear windows update cache - Microsoft Community

However the failed update just reoccurs on reboot when I restart windows update service.

Os I tried to install it manually from the microsoft catalog. However, the exact KB5001716 cannot be found.

The closest match I found was Microsoft Update Catalog

When I download this, I downloaded the very bottom one, windows 10 and later GDR I cannot find an option to install it just expands into more and more files.

What do I do to clear this bad update?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
TekkieBoy 12,556 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-10-27T00:39:13+00:00

Try this:

Download and install this Update:

https://catalog.s.download.windowsupdate.com/c/upgr/2022/07/windows10.0-kb5015684-x64_523c039b86ca98f2d818c4e6706e2cc94b634c4a.msu 

Restart the PC when prompted.

After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.

When done restart the pc again.

Greetings

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-20T04:45:31+00:00

I can confirm the inplace Upgrade does not work to resolve this.

Had an online Microsoft officer try the inplace upgrade as well and it will not update.

The issue with this update is that it errors when downloading so install is never attempted.

This issue resolved when the latest major upgrade for Windows 10 came thru. It didn't install the update however the update was removed from the updates to install after the major update had completed

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T14:04:47+00:00

    Hi Tommy,

    Is there any soulution yet? It seems that many users have this problem.. Please, help. I need to resolve this because of my work. My company have very high standarts in the area of security and windows updates.

    Thank for your help and I look forward to your reply!

    Best Regards,
    Ondrej Starenko

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-27T00:07:04+00:00

    Have same problem... Newest version of this package already been instaled. After uninstalling new version, Windows update is downloaded and instaled the old one... And newest too. And :) have same error, because downloaded and try to instal old version again.

    Old version from 2023-05

    New one from 2023-10

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-27T02:51:04+00:00

    Sleeping... Will try this tonight

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments