Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643
I am unable to install this update. I start with the basic options of restarting and trying but it has now lasted for quite some time.
I have tried clearing the whole cache of windows update as per the guide by Seema-Bharti here how to clear windows update cache - Microsoft Community
However the failed update just reoccurs on reboot when I restart windows update service.
Os I tried to install it manually from the microsoft catalog. However, the exact KB5001716 cannot be found.
The closest match I found was Microsoft Update Catalog
When I download this, I downloaded the very bottom one, windows 10 and later GDR I cannot find an option to install it just expands into more and more files.
What do I do to clear this bad update?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
I can confirm the inplace Upgrade does not work to resolve this.
Had an online Microsoft officer try the inplace upgrade as well and it will not update.
The issue with this update is that it errors when downloading so install is never attempted.
This issue resolved when the latest major upgrade for Windows 10 came thru. It didn't install the update however the update was removed from the updates to install after the major update had completed
Hello Tommy,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Version 20H2. OS Build 19042.1706
Thanks
Same issue, will not download or install error 0x80070643. last time I buy a Windows product switching to Apple which seems error free/
20231026 -
Upon closer inspection I found that this KB reports as having successfully installed on 10/11/23 immediately following successful install of KB5030559. This was followed by successful install of 2 other KBs immediately followed by repeated failure to again install KB50001716.
Original post on 20231024 -
Wupdate reset does not help. Wupdate still reporting issue with KB5001716.
2023-05 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5001716)
Failed to install on 10/23/2023 - 0x80070643.
This error began appearing on 10/11 followed by repeated failures to install again as can be seen in the History.