Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643
I am unable to install this update. I start with the basic options of restarting and trying but it has now lasted for quite some time.
I have tried clearing the whole cache of windows update as per the guide by Seema-Bharti here how to clear windows update cache - Microsoft Community
However the failed update just reoccurs on reboot when I restart windows update service.
Os I tried to install it manually from the microsoft catalog. However, the exact KB5001716 cannot be found.
The closest match I found was Microsoft Update Catalog
When I download this, I downloaded the very bottom one, windows 10 and later GDR I cannot find an option to install it just expands into more and more files.
What do I do to clear this bad update?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
I can confirm the inplace Upgrade does not work to resolve this.
Had an online Microsoft officer try the inplace upgrade as well and it will not update.
The issue with this update is that it errors when downloading so install is never attempted.
This issue resolved when the latest major upgrade for Windows 10 came thru. It didn't install the update however the update was removed from the updates to install after the major update had completed
I fixed this problem by going to the Microsoft Update Catalog, searching for 5026361 (which is the Cumulative Update instead of the partial), downloaded the .msu, installed, restarted, and was able to move past this obnoxious error.
Microsoft created this problem by superceding the 5001716 update with the 5026361 cumulative update but not correcting the path in Windows Update. People at Microsoft need to start windows updating from a clean install of blank 1507 to get to the most recent version EVERY WINDOWS UPDATE, because the path from 1507 to 22h2 is a nightmare! Windows Update quality is just too dang low and assumes people are just upgrading from last week, when that's not the case. Ever heard of a fresh install off physical media? I know it's getting outdated but it's still a thing! People paid good money for valid Windows 10 licenses with physical media and Windows Update shouldn't make using what we own so hard.
Hi, I resolved the KB5001716 fail too, as below described
I reinstalled from zero Windows 10 Home, after some Windows Updates it got stuck in KB5001716 fail to install
The solution was to download and install KB5033372 autonomous package from
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5033372
In my case it was the x64 version, 802,104 KB size
This has fully resolved the Windows Update issue, now working fine.
I reinstalled from zero Windows 10 Home, after some Windows Updates it got stuck in KB5001716 fail to install
The solution was to download and install KB5033372 autonomous package from
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5033372
In my case it was the x64 version, 802,104 KB size
This has fully resolved the Windows Update issue, now working fine.