Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643
I am unable to install this update. I start with the basic options of restarting and trying but it has now lasted for quite some time.
I have tried clearing the whole cache of windows update as per the guide by Seema-Bharti here how to clear windows update cache - Microsoft Community
However the failed update just reoccurs on reboot when I restart windows update service.
Os I tried to install it manually from the microsoft catalog. However, the exact KB5001716 cannot be found.
The closest match I found was Microsoft Update Catalog
When I download this, I downloaded the very bottom one, windows 10 and later GDR I cannot find an option to install it just expands into more and more files.
What do I do to clear this bad update?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
I can confirm the inplace Upgrade does not work to resolve this.
Had an online Microsoft officer try the inplace upgrade as well and it will not update.
The issue with this update is that it errors when downloading so install is never attempted.
This issue resolved when the latest major upgrade for Windows 10 came thru. It didn't install the update however the update was removed from the updates to install after the major update had completed
I am getting:
There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070643)
Its for the same update. When I go into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and attempt to run it manually it is telling me it is already installed. I can't go in and uninstall it to try and reinstall. Any ideas?
Hello SaythRenshaw.
Welcome to Microsoft Community.
Regarding to your information I assume that you can't install the upgrade KB5001716.
In general, this error code you encountered is likely due to an error during the download and installation process, permission issues, or
problems with certain components. It is challenging to update the error code to resolve.
It seems that you have already tried clearing the update cache and restarting the update service, but it didn't have any effect.
In such cases, if clearing the cache doesn't work, I recommend upgrading your system directly using the "In-place upgrade " method.
In-place upgrade which will refresh your Windows files and operating system without removing files or applications.
That being said, we always recommend that if you have important data, you should back it up before making large system changes. .
If you want to back up your data first, please do so. Once you are done backing up, you can follow the steps in the following guides:
If there is anything not clear, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Best Regards,
Tommy-MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist