Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643
I am unable to install this update. I start with the basic options of restarting and trying but it has now lasted for quite some time.
I have tried clearing the whole cache of windows update as per the guide by Seema-Bharti here how to clear windows update cache - Microsoft Community
However the failed update just reoccurs on reboot when I restart windows update service.
Os I tried to install it manually from the microsoft catalog. However, the exact KB5001716 cannot be found.
The closest match I found was Microsoft Update Catalog
When I download this, I downloaded the very bottom one, windows 10 and later GDR I cannot find an option to install it just expands into more and more files.
What do I do to clear this bad update?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
I can confirm the inplace Upgrade does not work to resolve this.
Had an online Microsoft officer try the inplace upgrade as well and it will not update.
The issue with this update is that it errors when downloading so install is never attempted.
This issue resolved when the latest major upgrade for Windows 10 came thru. It didn't install the update however the update was removed from the updates to install after the major update had completed
Hello Andy Luttrell
Thanks for your reply.
Could you provide the version of your Windows 10?
Best Regards,
Tommy-MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist
Hi, I also need help with this all of a sudden this update is not working it was updating last month. But i resseted my pc and now it wont work. I really need help please fix this immediately I can easily remove this update error by updating to Windows 10 22h2 but it's kinda slow for me. Anways please fix this.
Hi Tommy,
I have this issue on an absolutely clean new installation of Windows 10 Pro. I have tried twice and had this issue both times and I have not installed any applications or device drivers etc myself manually. I have just run the Windows Update and that is the only thing to install changes from the original Windows installation.
Clearly this is not an issue for me caused by manually installing software but only what WSUS has installed itself. Any advice/suggestions?