Unless you post the exact OS build number here, I can't verify if the update is installed or not. If WU tries to install the update again, it means the LCU didn't install correctly.
2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.
2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.
I get no error code. The update appears to run successfully until the end of the second reboot and then it says something did not go as planned.
Each time the update fails, W U plans to run the update again. Please read carefully what I list as solutions I have tried:
removed all non-necessary devices
ran scannow
ran troubleshooters
ran net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop cryptsvc ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak net start bits net start wuauserv net start cryptsvc
conducted a clean boot, reran update unsuccessfully
uninstalled my AVG antivirus and Acronus Backup and reran update unsuccessfully
had two calls with microsoft support and no success
tried to run the update manually but get the message the update is already installed (downloaded and ready to install I presume)
My system is a desktop:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GH,
RAM 32.0 GB
C drive has 526 GB free of 930 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor,
Windows 11 Pro, 6/18/2023, 22621.2134, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0
This is a scratch rebuild from last June after update cratered my system and I could not recover a bootable system.
At least now an update failure rolls back successfully.
I am out of solutions that I can find on the internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Over 30 hours of time spent on this.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
54 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2023-11-29T09:07:01+00:00 Hello Dan DWY I am currently have the same error. I read your solution but I'm not sure what to do, English is not my first language. So can you tell me how to do to it in simpler ways?
-
Anonymous
2023-11-29T18:14:05+00:00 I had another reply from Ramesh. My windows update history says Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) installed successfully. However, if I go to system>about, my os build is 22621.2134. That build is not the correct build if KB5032190 installed correctly. You should look at your build and confirm it is 22621.2715 or 22631.2715. It appears that windows update history has an error saying my update was good. Now it looks like I have to do a windows re-install.