2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.

Anonymous
2023-11-22T14:29:01+00:00

2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.

I get no error code. The update appears to run successfully until the end of the second reboot and then it says something did not go as planned.

Each time the update fails, W U plans to run the update again. Please read carefully what I list as solutions I have tried:

removed all non-necessary devices

ran scannow

ran troubleshooters

ran net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop cryptsvc ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak net start bits net start wuauserv net start cryptsvc

conducted a clean boot, reran update unsuccessfully

uninstalled my AVG antivirus and Acronus Backup and reran update unsuccessfully

had two calls with microsoft support and no success

tried to run the update manually but get the message the update is already installed (downloaded and ready to install I presume)

My system is a desktop:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GH,

RAM 32.0 GB

C drive has 526 GB free of 930 GB

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor,

Windows 11 Pro, 6/‎18/‎2023, 22621.2134, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

This is a scratch rebuild from last June after update cratered my system and I could not recover a bootable system.

At least now an update failure rolls back successfully.

I am out of solutions that I can find on the internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Over 30 hours of time spent on this.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-11-22T14:41:32+00:00

    Please upload your CBS logs to OneDrive and share the link here.

    • c:\windows\logs\cbs\                   <= Zip and upload all files in this folder.

    (How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T14:58:44+00:00

    If a self build have you updated drivers/bios from the mobo maker?

    Did you run the whole SFC/DISM process?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T16:22:38+00:00

    Ramesh, here is the link to my CBS log

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtBVSmJKGCC8gk44uPf-iM9EH3aB?e=k8ecQB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T16:27:13+00:00

    Palcouk,

    I had all my drivers updated prior to the rebuild. Since the rebuild, I did not go to the MOBO but updated drivers thru MS updates. I did run the full SFC/DISM process multiple times. I had errors fixed messages and then all ok messages. The troubleshooters are pretty much useless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more