2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.

Anonymous
2023-11-22T14:29:01+00:00

2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.

I get no error code. The update appears to run successfully until the end of the second reboot and then it says something did not go as planned.

Each time the update fails, W U plans to run the update again. Please read carefully what I list as solutions I have tried:

removed all non-necessary devices

ran scannow

ran troubleshooters

ran net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop cryptsvc ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak net start bits net start wuauserv net start cryptsvc

conducted a clean boot, reran update unsuccessfully

uninstalled my AVG antivirus and Acronus Backup and reran update unsuccessfully

had two calls with microsoft support and no success

tried to run the update manually but get the message the update is already installed (downloaded and ready to install I presume)

My system is a desktop:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GH,

RAM 32.0 GB

C drive has 526 GB free of 930 GB

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor,

Windows 11 Pro, 6/‎18/‎2023, 22621.2134, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

This is a scratch rebuild from last June after update cratered my system and I could not recover a bootable system.

At least now an update failure rolls back successfully.

I am out of solutions that I can find on the internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Over 30 hours of time spent on this.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T22:53:12+00:00

    Ramesh,

    My current os build is 22621.2134 after all the things I have tried to get an update installed. Thank you for telling me that windows update history is corrupt.

    Windows update says the manual KB5032190 update installed correctly. However, as you noted, online update does not recognize it. I tried the re-install process you described earlier and it also failed and undid the changes. At this point, windows update fails, and windows re-install fails. My current OS was a fresh install of windows 11 22H2 on 6/18/2023. Updates were successful through (KB5029263). every update since then has failed. I had an online session with a microsoft tech that indicated we successfully installed KB5031354 but that does not seem to be the case with my current build number.

    With updates failing and a re-install failing, what is my next step? I had a clean install 6/18/2023. Why should I expect another clean install and a lot of time re-installing all my software to fix this problem? I am now probably in the 100 plus hours of time trying to fix this. This is maddening. Makes me want to go to Linux!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T18:17:42+00:00

    Singgjingg,

    The things I have done were not successful. I had confusing information in windows update that made me believe the update was successful. I will respond again if I find a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T18:14:05+00:00

    I had another reply from Ramesh. My windows update history says Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) installed successfully. However, if I go to system>about, my os build is 22621.2134. That build is not the correct build if KB5032190 installed correctly. You should look at your build and confirm it is 22621.2715 or 22631.2715. It appears that windows update history has an error saying my update was good. Now it looks like I have to do a windows re-install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments