2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.

Anonymous
2023-11-22T14:29:01+00:00

2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.

I get no error code. The update appears to run successfully until the end of the second reboot and then it says something did not go as planned.

Each time the update fails, W U plans to run the update again. Please read carefully what I list as solutions I have tried:

removed all non-necessary devices

ran scannow

ran troubleshooters

ran net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop cryptsvc ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak net start bits net start wuauserv net start cryptsvc

conducted a clean boot, reran update unsuccessfully

uninstalled my AVG antivirus and Acronus Backup and reran update unsuccessfully

had two calls with microsoft support and no success

tried to run the update manually but get the message the update is already installed (downloaded and ready to install I presume)

My system is a desktop:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GH,

RAM 32.0 GB

C drive has 526 GB free of 930 GB

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor,

Windows 11 Pro, 6/‎18/‎2023, 22621.2134, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

This is a scratch rebuild from last June after update cratered my system and I could not recover a bootable system.

At least now an update failure rolls back successfully.

I am out of solutions that I can find on the internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Over 30 hours of time spent on this.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T17:50:46+00:00

    Ramesh,

    Here is the link. Please reply when you have accessed it so I can delete it. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtBVSmJKGCC8glcZOmeUnnzXYrGN?e=7Uc8SY

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T17:48:00+00:00

    Other folks were analyzing such data prior to @Ramesh Srinivasan showing up. There is even a file I need to see, which may not be created anymore, and that was the setupact.log. It appears this is because the build upgrades no longer are done in one operation, but multiple, sequential updates.

    I do not know for sure if the setupdiag.exe utlility would even work anymore since some files and possibly folders, are no longer being created.

    Also, make sure you are doing the update while online, in case it might make a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-11-30T17:35:21+00:00

    Maybe they wanted to help you or analyze the CBS logs for learning purposes. I don't know.

    If you wish to share the setup logs with me (only), you may do so via Google Drive using the 'Restricted' option.

    <excerpt>

    When you change an item's general access to Restricted, only people with access can open the file.

    1. Find the file or folder in Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides.
    2. Open or select the file or folder.
    3. Click Share Share or Share Share and then Copy link"".
    4. Under “General access”,  click the Down arrow Down.
    5. Select Restricted.
    6. Click Done. </excerpt> Stop, limit, or change sharing - Computer - Google Drive Help

    After uploading and sharing the file, post the link here so that I can request access. If you get access requests from others, you may ignore them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T17:28:32+00:00

    Ramesh,

    When I shared my cbs folder there were 5 or 6 people other than you who showed up in my share list. Not sure why anyone else would be wanting to access that data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-11-30T16:49:07+00:00

    The logs contain your system configuration, software installed, disk configuration, user names (but not passwords), SIDs, and detailed setup events.

    Windows setup log file locations - Windows Client | Microsoft Learn:

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/deployment/windows-setup-log-file-locations

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments