2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.

Anonymous
2023-11-22T14:29:01+00:00

2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.

I get no error code. The update appears to run successfully until the end of the second reboot and then it says something did not go as planned.

Each time the update fails, W U plans to run the update again. Please read carefully what I list as solutions I have tried:

removed all non-necessary devices

ran scannow

ran troubleshooters

ran net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop cryptsvc ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak net start bits net start wuauserv net start cryptsvc

conducted a clean boot, reran update unsuccessfully

uninstalled my AVG antivirus and Acronus Backup and reran update unsuccessfully

had two calls with microsoft support and no success

tried to run the update manually but get the message the update is already installed (downloaded and ready to install I presume)

My system is a desktop:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GH,

RAM 32.0 GB

C drive has 526 GB free of 930 GB

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor,

Windows 11 Pro, 6/‎18/‎2023, 22621.2134, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

This is a scratch rebuild from last June after update cratered my system and I could not recover a bootable system.

At least now an update failure rolls back successfully.

I am out of solutions that I can find on the internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Over 30 hours of time spent on this.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T04:35:38+00:00

    The one log which has not been analyzed is the Windows Update log. You can create one by using PowerShell.

    Get-WindowsUpdateLog

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-12-01T02:58:55+00:00

    //I followed a lot of suggestions//

    There weren't a lot of suggestions. A repair install was the one and only thing recommended (on 23rd November) in this entire thread, and you hesitated to perform that for a week or so and instead hid the update. After a week, you decided to try a repair install.

    //Microsoft tech support is worthless and nothing recommended here has worked.//

    And you didn't even try the latest suggestions posted, but want to blame the volunteers here. Great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T19:57:43+00:00

    After 8 more days of working on this I have not been able to make any progress. I suggest you do not follow this thread as nothing positive has come of it. I followed a lot of suggestions but nothing has worked. Microsoft tech support is worthless and nothing recommended here has worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-11-30T17:56:57+00:00

    The setup ran for 11 minutes and seems to have terminated abruptly, and the logs don't mention the reason for it.

    Started: 2023-11-29 13:34:24

    Ended: 2023-11-29 13:45:29

    Some suggestions:

    1. Uninstall AVG completely.
    2. Do a clean boot using msconfig. See How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    3. Delete "C:$WINDOWS.~BT"

    Once done, see if you can install Windows Updates.

    If the Windows Updates fail to install, please retry the Setup. Post fresh logs if the setup fails again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more