You should only get one log output from that command, and it should be on your desktop.
2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.
2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190) will not install successfully.
I get no error code. The update appears to run successfully until the end of the second reboot and then it says something did not go as planned.
Each time the update fails, W U plans to run the update again. Please read carefully what I list as solutions I have tried:
removed all non-necessary devices
ran scannow
ran troubleshooters
ran net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop cryptsvc ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak net start bits net start wuauserv net start cryptsvc
conducted a clean boot, reran update unsuccessfully
uninstalled my AVG antivirus and Acronus Backup and reran update unsuccessfully
had two calls with microsoft support and no success
tried to run the update manually but get the message the update is already installed (downloaded and ready to install I presume)
My system is a desktop:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GH,
RAM 32.0 GB
C drive has 526 GB free of 930 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor,
Windows 11 Pro, 6/18/2023, 22621.2134, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0
This is a scratch rebuild from last June after update cratered my system and I could not recover a bootable system.
At least now an update failure rolls back successfully.
I am out of solutions that I can find on the internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Over 30 hours of time spent on this.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
54 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-12-01T05:46:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-12-01T05:32:57+00:00 Saltgrass, I installed the most recent version of Powershell and now have generated the logs. I have 20 of them and will go through them. If I am not able to understand them I will post a link and see if others can.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-01T05:21:28+00:00 When you run the command, is it different from this? I have converted my user name to xxxxx. The result should show up on the desktop.
S C:\Users\xxxxx> get-windowsupdatelog
Converting C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate into C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\WindowsUpdate.log ...
Directory: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WindowsUpdateLog
Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
---- ------------- ------ ----
d----- 11/30/2023 11:10 PM SymCache
Input
File(s):
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231123.191515.925.1.etl
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231123.191515.925.2.etl
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231123.200424.011.1.etl
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231124.101617.485.1.etl
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231124.102720.605.1.etl
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231124.120352.904.1.etl
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231125.152118.066.1.etl
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231125.152118.066.2.etl
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231126.120440.770.1.etl
C:\WINDOWS\logs\WindowsUpdate\WindowsUpdate.20231126.120440.770.2.etl
0.00%7.44%14.88%22.33%29.77%37.21%44.65%52.09%59.53%66.98%74.42%81.86%89.30%96.74%100.00%
Output
DumpFile: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WindowsUpdateLog\wuetl.CSV.tmp.00000
The command completed successfully.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-01T05:19:23+00:00 Ramesh,
I was not blaming the folks on this post. I said nothing worked for me. Before submitting this post, I had tried three times with Microsoft support techs and they all failed to help. I used suggestions from other posts first because I was wary of doing the re-install which was your first suggestion as you mentioned. I considered that to be a last gasp attempt. I see how you could misunderstand my saying that nothing worked as criticism. I was merely saying that all the things I tried have not worked. I hid the update because Windows Update said my manual update installed successfully. You pointed out that it had not so that is a flaw in Windows Update. I finally tried the re-install and that also did not work. I am not blaming you for that. I'll limp along with a compromised OS and hope the next update is successful. I think that is about a 2% chance of success. I did do the clean boot as you suggested in your second to last post. That is the second time I did that and it did not work again. I am frustrated but not criticizing you. Sorry if you took it that way.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more