Do you have any important files or are you able to perform a fresh installation of Windows?
BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout randomly when running games
Been having issues recently with CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Bsods, I've tried using SFC Scan to check for system instability, i've bought and installed new ram to try and remedy the situation. I don't know how to read the event viewer logs to find something related to what's causing my issue. Any help in troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated System Specs are below.
PROCESSOR I9-12900KS
GEFORCE RTX 3080 TI 12GB GDDR6X
2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO PCIE 4.0 NVME M.2 SSD
ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI
Windows 10 OS
KINGSTON 16GB DDR5-6000MHZ FURY BEAST BLACK MEMORY 32GB total
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-11-19T03:37:37+00:00 I'm giving it a fresh install right now, I hope this solves my conflicts. Only files of consequence are all games I can redownload so I'll figure it out. I may reply to this thread if the issue persists
-
Jonathan Deives 81,795 Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-11-19T03:41:56+00:00 Try running without overclocks and without the XMP profile to see if the problem persists.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-20T04:58:26+00:00 alright so similar issues are popping up again, Chain crashing of Discord when multiple people are talking or soundclips are played. As well as an event viewer full of Errors tying to different applications and a ton of DistributedCOM Warnings. Example of a windows Specific Application error
- <Event xmlns="**http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event**">
- <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /><EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>2</Level><Task>100</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-11-20T04:53:58.2132900Z" /><EventRecordID>953</EventRecordID><Correlation /><Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /><Channel>Application</Channel><Computer>DESKTOP-KG2E3R7</Computer><Security /></System>
- <EventData> <Data>SearchApp.exe</Data><Data>10.0.19041.3636</Data><Data>85aaddd4</Data><Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data><Data>10.0.19041.3636</Data><Data>326edcef</Data><Data>c0000602</Data><Data>000000000012db22</Data><Data>15cc</Data><Data>01da1b62e0f033ac</Data><Data>C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchApp.exe</Data><Data>C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data><Data>d0345e64-7f8e-4286-9dbd-ebb1a189e0fa</Data><Data>Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.10.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy</Data><Data>CortanaUI</Data></EventData> </Event>
-
Anonymous
2023-11-20T05:07:14+00:00 after multiple startups of discord i got the Clock Watchdog Timeout BSOD again. acquired the Minidump link below to the zip file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10heUYv5xJK85GIk5WTPQyd39nsloglPW/view?usp=drive_link