BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout randomly when running games

Anonymous
2023-11-18T23:07:22+00:00

Been having issues recently with CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Bsods, I've tried using SFC Scan to check for system instability, i've bought and installed new ram to try and remedy the situation. I don't know how to read the event viewer logs to find something related to what's causing my issue. Any help in troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated System Specs are below.

PROCESSOR I9-12900KS
GEFORCE RTX 3080 TI 12GB GDDR6X
2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO PCIE 4.0 NVME M.2 SSD
ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI
Windows 10 OS
KINGSTON 16GB DDR5-6000MHZ FURY BEAST BLACK MEMORY 32GB total

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-19T02:06:34+00:00

    At this point I cannot get into the desktop to actually pull any minidumps out. System is sending itself into automatic repair and it does not recognize my account password to authorize the repair.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Jonathan Deives 81,795 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-11-19T01:59:32+00:00

    See if any minidumps were created

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-19T01:58:20+00:00

    So I was able to run the tests and I am getting repeating bsods on restart like the guide said I would most recent being this one

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Jonathan Deives 81,795 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-11-19T01:31:24+00:00

    Ok, do a test without overclocking to see if the BSOD happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-19T01:29:56+00:00

    I have it turned off as of now in an attempt to help with the instabilities

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments