Defrag runs constantly

Anonymous
2023-11-27T07:50:16+00:00

Win10 64. Defrag runs constantly, grinding away at my hard drives for no reason. The both drives are 0% fragmented, except for system reserved files which are 40% fragmented and defrag will not touch them. The Defrag is OFF, how do I stop the system running defrag every time the PC is idle for more than 60 seconds?? How do I defrage the system files which need defragging?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
_AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-12-12T02:27:59+00:00

I'm referring to how your computer is crashing and has to be restarted, usually multiple times a day. It's either you or someone is force restarting by switching off the power or pressing the reset button, or the power supply is faulty.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T07:37:09+00:00

    cheers. I will go for a Corsair I reckon, they have been around for a fair while. I reckon a straight swap to the same 850w should be enough, but 1000/1050w might give it an easier life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. _AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-12-14T11:38:21+00:00

    Corsair are very good. Deepcool and MSI too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T15:42:10+00:00

    Could be the PSU. The sticker on the case is more biege now, and it used to be white, probably a sign of over heating. Who makes decent PSU? coolermaster, asus or corsair still good?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. _AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-12-12T07:42:23+00:00

    Is there a method for checking PSU's?

    I guess with a multimeter though exactly how I'm not sure. Swapping in a known good and adequately powerful PSU would work, though not practical if you don't already have one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments