How to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?

Anonymous
2023-10-10T11:48:12+00:00

­ ­ ­ ­­

I just don't want to use Gallery in Windows 11, so I run the below batch file, as administrator:

RemoveGalleryFromNavigationPaneInFileExplorer.bat

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c} /f /v "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000000

It runned well, but had no effect as expection ~

restart system, and the 'Gallery' folder still persists.

Please help me - how to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-10T12:32:41+00:00

Hi, Trybird. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Sorry to know you're experiencing this issue with this new Windows feature.

In order to disable this feature, please open CMD as administrator then paste the following command:

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace_41040327{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c}

A computer reboot is required to complete the procedure.

Feel free to reach me if you require any additional assistance or have further questions.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-06-14T07:42:15+00:00

Hi,

I copied the command into the command line screen, which I ran as administrator, >reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace_41040327{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c}

Permanently delete the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace_41040327{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c} (Yes/No)? yes

The command returned the following error message: ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks.

Correct command nowadays is (for Win11 23H2 at least)

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c}

Basically the registry path has changed a bit, if you go to that path manually you will see the reference to Gallery and after running the command ( or deleting it manually) and restarting your computer Gallery disappears. I just did it myself.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T20:49:09+00:00

    This is not a useful feature. It is obnoxious, invasive, and completely unnecessary.

    Was this answer helpful?

    200+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T21:24:54+00:00

    Thank you! This worked great once I learned how to open the CMD as an administrator.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T12:51:34+00:00

    Thank you very much, JoseBeltre. It works very well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments