my asus laptop won't reset

Anonymous
2023-10-19T03:58:08+00:00

I've tried many ways like using the sfc and dism command and on going to my final decision on going back from windows 11 to windows 10 but the only way I can reset my laptop is through using a USB. this is very weird considering I cannot reset my asus laptop through the normal reseting process. what kind of issue could this be? and is there a way to fix the issue to allow me to reset through settings without having to use a USB.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T06:21:33+00:00

    But do you know the issue that is preventing me from reseting through settings? Like some common issues?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T06:24:44+00:00

    What were / are the computer problems where you're attempting a reset?

    What are the status of the important files (backed up, not backed up, no important files)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-10-19T12:17:38+00:00

    I thought I already shared with you the common issues that can lead to computer reset failure in my first reply. I will share again:

    If your C Drive is running low on space, or if you have moved your user profile folder to a drive that's not C:, or if your recovery partiton or if the image reset needs is corrupted, it can usually lead to reset failure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T20:07:50+00:00

    There's no important files on it, I recently bought it from a seller.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T20:08:32+00:00

    Is there any way for a seller to install a virus or malware like this to prevent me from reseting it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments