my asus laptop won't reset

Anonymous
2023-10-19T03:58:08+00:00

I've tried many ways like using the sfc and dism command and on going to my final decision on going back from windows 11 to windows 10 but the only way I can reset my laptop is through using a USB. this is very weird considering I cannot reset my asus laptop through the normal reseting process. what kind of issue could this be? and is there a way to fix the issue to allow me to reset through settings without having to use a USB.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T19:25:42+00:00

    Please post images of the unallocated disk drive > clean install steps (steps before the above image)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T17:20:12+00:00

    this is like the exact same issue I am having, whenever I press on reset it just leads me to this page
    I'm not sure if it says the exact sentence at the end with the "Log file: C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt"
    It might have been a different text but I found this image online because I don't have the computer near me at the moment.

    Stuck in Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop? Fix It Right Away

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T07:13:47+00:00

    I will send some tomorrow when I power it back on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T07:09:59+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T06:12:32+00:00

    did I do it right? I installed the media installation tool for Windows 10 and the extracted file for the VMD driver, I shutdown the Asus laptop, and repeatedly clicked "esc" and then I clicked on an option in the middle (like 90% sure it was my USB because when I unplugged it, the option would disappear) then it loaded me into a page for the installation, chose the language and date, then accept some terms, but then that's where I saw that all the partitions wasn't there... that's why I had to extract the driver and load it up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments