I got rid of the error by using:
Go to "Printers & scanners", click on the default printer and click "Remove Device".
Then, to get your desired printer, search for it again, and reset it as default if needed.
That fixed my issue.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
“Waiting for printer connection” pop up started coming up a couple of weeks ago and has been causing multiple issues.
Excel and Word randomly do not open, and then when I open the program again it tells me the file is already in use yet nothing is open. Task manager shows nothing open or running. I have to restart my computer each time to use the document or workbook and I sometimes I need to do this more than once before it will decide to randomly work.
I cannot print new documents or workbooks, it becomes unresponsive and then the program has to close. I can only print from saved documents, which o can’t always open!
MYOB cannot print now, I have to save as a pdf and then print. I know MYOB isn’t “Microsoft” but this only started when this pop up started. I have never experienced this issue before.
This is happening on all four computers and started at the exact same time.
I have tried turning off all network sharing connections and still no change.
This is really impacting my day to day operations ans these programs are all I use. It causing a significant loss of time.
Can someone please help?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I got rid of the error by using:
Go to "Printers & scanners", click on the default printer and click "Remove Device".
Then, to get your desired printer, search for it again, and reset it as default if needed.
That fixed my issue.
Thank you for your solution. For good measure, I restarted before adding my printer back in. It worked.
HALLELUJAH!!
I have been SO frustrated for the last two weeks and followed what you did- and it worked like a charm! I can finally save things to a PDF for the first time in three weeks!!!
removing all printers worked for me, and then adding back in the one printer i am currently using
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more