I'll give this a try. It's very odd though because I've not seen the issue in 20 years on any computer.
Waiting for printer connection
“Waiting for printer connection” pop up started coming up a couple of weeks ago and has been causing multiple issues.
Excel and Word randomly do not open, and then when I open the program again it tells me the file is already in use yet nothing is open. Task manager shows nothing open or running. I have to restart my computer each time to use the document or workbook and I sometimes I need to do this more than once before it will decide to randomly work.
I cannot print new documents or workbooks, it becomes unresponsive and then the program has to close. I can only print from saved documents, which o can’t always open!
MYOB cannot print now, I have to save as a pdf and then print. I know MYOB isn’t “Microsoft” but this only started when this pop up started. I have never experienced this issue before.
This is happening on all four computers and started at the exact same time.
I have tried turning off all network sharing connections and still no change.
This is really impacting my day to day operations ans these programs are all I use. It causing a significant loss of time.
Can someone please help?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-08T12:28:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-07T18:53:15+00:00 It is because Bluetooth is turned on.
Most people do not use Bluetooth on a desktop.
Search for Bluetooth and other devices. Click on the result.
You should see Bluetooth turned on (slider switch).
Turn it off and your problem will go away.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-10T19:16:29+00:00 I think I had a similar problem. I was unable to print to my HP LaserJet 200 color printer. It has been in my Windows 11 system for several years operating without a problem. After reading one of the solutions offered here, I decided to look at the port assignment via Settings > Bluetooth & Devices >Print server properties. I selected the Ports tab, and scrolled down to find my printer. I selected it and then chose Configure Port.
Much to my surprise, it was using 192.168.68.52, but checking the wireless printer settings on the HP screen revealed that the port it was using was 192.168.68.53. So I changed the Print server properties setting to the latter, and voila, the printer was immediately working. Finally after hours of troubleshooting examining Windows update records, checking Acrobat update records, looking at Windows event logs, and trying to print from different applications. I'm not sure how the Windows IP/port setting got changed, and I've seen it before. I should have checked this early on instead of jumping down the rabbit-hole of more complex causes/solutions.
-
Anonymous
2024-05-14T17:46:34+00:00 Yep, exactly my experience - solved it by:
- "Let Windows manage my default printer" OFF
- "Default printer" MICROSOFT PRINT TO PDF
Thanks Peter.
That is exactly what I did and it has solved the problem.The only thing to remember when printing an image is to select the preferred printer before clicking 'print', but that's quick and easy to do.
I'm surprised, though, that Microsoft haven't made the necessary changes to Windows Updates to put this right.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more