Yes it solved the popup but wouldn't allow me to print basic word documents unless I changed them to pdf, so where is the great solution here?
Waiting for printer connection
“Waiting for printer connection” pop up started coming up a couple of weeks ago and has been causing multiple issues.
Excel and Word randomly do not open, and then when I open the program again it tells me the file is already in use yet nothing is open. Task manager shows nothing open or running. I have to restart my computer each time to use the document or workbook and I sometimes I need to do this more than once before it will decide to randomly work.
I cannot print new documents or workbooks, it becomes unresponsive and then the program has to close. I can only print from saved documents, which o can’t always open!
MYOB cannot print now, I have to save as a pdf and then print. I know MYOB isn’t “Microsoft” but this only started when this pop up started. I have never experienced this issue before.
This is happening on all four computers and started at the exact same time.
I have tried turning off all network sharing connections and still no change.
This is really impacting my day to day operations ans these programs are all I use. It causing a significant loss of time.
Can someone please help?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-11-13T17:31:27+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-11-10T01:05:33+00:00 This was the key for me.
I was working in office this week using that printer.
Now at home it keeps trying to establish connection to that printer.
Step 1: Toggle off "Allow Windows to manage my default printer"
Step 2: Click home printer and then "Set As default" on the top right (Wasn't available until i flipped the toggle in step 1)
-
Anonymous
2024-10-24T08:34:43+00:00 For me the solution was to make Microsoft PDF default. Delete printer. Add printer. Make default.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-17T13:25:41+00:00 Yep, exactly my experience - solved it by:
- "Let Windows manage my default printer" OFF
- "Default printer" MICROSOFT PRINT TO PDF
Thanks, for help.