Waiting for printer connection

Anonymous
2023-12-14T05:51:25+00:00

“Waiting for printer connection” pop up started coming up a couple of weeks ago and has been causing multiple issues.

Excel and Word randomly do not open, and then when I open the program again it tells me the file is already in use yet nothing is open. Task manager shows nothing open or running. I have to restart my computer each time to use the document or workbook and I sometimes I need to do this more than once before it will decide to randomly work.

I cannot print new documents or workbooks, it becomes unresponsive and then the program has to close. I can only print from saved documents, which o can’t always open!

MYOB cannot print now, I have to save as a pdf and then print. I know MYOB isn’t “Microsoft” but this only started when this pop up started. I have never experienced this issue before.

This is happening on all four computers and started at the exact same time.

I have tried turning off all network sharing connections and still no change.

This is really impacting my day to day operations ans these programs are all I use. It causing a significant loss of time.

Can someone please help?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T17:20:00+00:00

    good for solving it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T15:27:50+00:00

    Thanks Neil! This worked for me. After I read your response it made total sense. It felt like the application was trying to establish connection to a default remote printer i use once in a while prior to opening the document itself. My guess so that print jobs for that printer would occur more quickly once a person hits the print button??? Who knows lol Thanks for your solution! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T18:25:11+00:00

    Message occurred anytime I opened NotePad or WordPad items.

    In the devices/Printers I found a no longer available wifi Printer was listed. I removed that item and issue seems to have resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T18:55:47+00:00

    July 22, 2024...just finding this thread due to the same issue. Have tried one solution - turning off MS management of printers. It seems to happen when I open Adobe programs as well. I can still save pdfs but have to constantly dismiss this annoying prompt from Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments