SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Troubleshooting

Anonymous
2023-12-23T23:11:19+00:00

I've been having several BSOD's in the last days but can't find out what is causing them.

I have tried updating and going back to older drivers but the problems seem to persist. Sometimes it takes several minutes to an hour to get a BSOD and sometimes there are multiple in a row right after rebooting.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-24T20:06:46+00:00

    Just out of curiosity, do you play Microsoft Jigsaw? I was getting a BSOD multiple times a day on some days and not at all on other days. I had tried many of the suggestions listed on this page with no difference. Then, I noticed that I never had a BSOD unless I had the jigsaw app open. After a little more research, I found at least one other person with the same problem when it came to jigsaw. I did a repair on the app and I've been on the app all day with no BSODs. If you are using the jigsaw app, you might want to repair the app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,680 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-24T19:47:54+00:00

    Please use the Windows Troubleshooter and see if it can manage to determine and fix the issue.

    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Scroll down to "Find and fix other problems" section> click Blue Screen> choose Run the troubleshooter.

    If there is no issue diagnosed, Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool. Press Win key + R to open the Run window> Type mdsched.exe and press OK> Click Restart now and check for problems. This tool checks for memory problems during the process of PC reboot. It will display the results.

    If the above steps do not work or no problem is detected, please perform the following steps below. If the first step does not work, please proceed to the next step.

    *Perform a Startup Repair

    -Restart your PC while holding the SHIFT button

    -Advanced Startup option will open on the boot.

    -Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Options > Startup Repair

    *Uninstalled the recent updates

    -Restart your PC while holding the SHIFT button

    -Advanced Startup option will open on the boot.

    -Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Option > Uninstall Updates

    -Click on "Uninstall the latest quality update" and then click "Uninstall quality update" on the next screen.

    *Perform System Restore.

    -Restart your PC while holding the SHIFT button

    -Advanced Startup option will open on the boot.

    -Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Option > System restore

    -Select a restore point and click on next to restore

    If the above does not work, the last sort, is to Reset the PC.

    *Perform Reset PC.

    -Restart your PC while holding the SHIFT button

    -Advanced Startup option will open on the boot.

    -Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Option > Reset this PC.

    -Follow the on-screen instructions

    If you are unable to go to the advanced option, try to access it through sign-in or Windows Recovery Environment.

    Sources: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-24T09:18:28+00:00

    Is there anything i can provide to help you figure out what the problem might be?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-24T00:41:43+00:00

    After first fully freezing my pc and me needing to shut it off by holding the power button in the middle of a full antivirus scan by norton, the second time it came with no threats detected

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-24T00:27:58+00:00

    When i got to the login screen and entering my password i was interupted by a new blue screen which said "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments