I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

Anonymous
2023-12-03T18:08:02+00:00

Ref: How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt - Microsoft Community

I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-12-04T09:02:35+00:00

    Ok. The reason for the error is that the Y drive letter is now gone. Either because the system was rebooted or due to the unmounting of the volume by chkdsk.

    Please reassign Y: for the EFI boot partition and re-run these two commands;

    • bcdboot D:\Windows /s Y: /f UEFI
    • bcdedit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-04T09:05:39+00:00

    But when I try to assign the letter Y to volume 2 it says the letter is not free to assigned, can I use a difrent letter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-12-04T09:07:16+00:00

    Sure, try K:

    If so, the commands will be:

    • bcdboot D:\Windows /s K: /f UEFI
    • bcdedit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-04T09:11:28+00:00

    Im about to lose it :/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more