Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?

Anonymous
2023-12-29T07:16:46+00:00

Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?

After login, all language/region settings seem fine.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T10:30:55+00:00

    From what I have read I assume the following.

    If Bing doesn't know your system language it assumes you're searching in your native language.

    All the spotlight information is just based on a search using the file name or title and the Bing system.

    If that title is in a different language it does as Bing would do and serves results in that language.

    Then when you click on any information on the Spotlight screen the bing results are once again served in the language the search term was in.

    So this file has a name or title in Thai, therefore all search results will be in Thai.

    Just a flaw of using the Bing backbone to serve this information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T15:40:24+00:00

    I have had the same problem with Spotlight, but it seemed to only happen a few times. Now when I open Copilot I get the language in Thai? At least I can click the English button, but why is this happening?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T15:24:02+00:00

    It's because of the image, which has been either uploaded by the Thailand server or published there.

    When logging into your system simply click on "I'm not a fan" option provided in the Welcome Screen. It will change with the new image.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T20:31:41+00:00

    A laptop in Canada running English (US) and I end up with Thai lettering...

    The scary part is that it also bypasses the PIN, so just clicking on the desktop opens the computer into the profile!

    I have turned off Windows Spotlight for now, but this needs a fix!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T21:00:26+00:00

    Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?

    After login, all language/region settings seem fine.

    exact same... my dell laptop just opened up in THAI on Microsoft. My MACAFEE said that it was because my details had been compromised and offered to help for another 24.99 per month.. They rally frightened me.. I have only had this laptop for a couple of months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments