Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?

Anonymous
2023-12-29T07:16:46+00:00

Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?

After login, all language/region settings seem fine.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-14T09:55:37+00:00

    Yes, not only Windows 10, but Windows 11.

    I found the only way to stop it was to not use Windows Spotlight as my lock screen. I used a picture. When I tried Spotlight again a few days later, it was back to English. I am now waiting to see what happens, will it revert to another language again at some point?

    Microsoft need to sort this, but as with all other issues, all they do is tell you to do some complicated change that never works. They do not care about us, their paying customers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-14T11:39:54+00:00

    I've got the same issue. Maybe a central bug from Microsoft. My lockscreen changed to Malyalam without me doing anything. I already updated my Windows settings, checked languages, region, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T00:57:47+00:00

    I also have the same issue, but in Turkish. My start screen has the words in Turkish, except for the feedback bit, and if i click any of the options it takes me to the Windows start page and it is also all in Turkish. The settings on that start page i can switch back to English, but then it just goes back to Turkish once i leave the page or lock my screen. I went to settings and everything is set to English, and changing the wallpaper does nothing. Anyone have any luck with this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T10:32:42+00:00

    I have the same problem. I even reset and reinitiated spotlight. It worked for a little bit, but then did the same thing. First it was Chinese. Then it looks like maybe Thai.

    Can MS please fix this? This is obviously NOT a language setting on individual users' PCs - it is obviously a problem with Spotlight itself.

    STOP telling people to go into control panel and what not - I suspect the majority of people here are smart enough to check that first. It's an insult to your users to make them do something that clearly does not work, just because you could not be bothered to investigate and fix the cause.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T09:53:39+00:00

    Hi Johann

    Unfortunately, nothing has worked with the Thai issue.

    Microsoft Start all in Thai

    Start up screen in Thai too.

    I have checked all the above, time and region settings.

    what I did notice, when I change from Thai to English and it fixes itself, I let the computer go into sleep mode and/or switch off, it returns in Thai.

    if you could advise next steps please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments