Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?

Anonymous
2023-12-29T07:16:46+00:00

Windows Spotlight suddenly decided to use Thai language instead of my system setting (US English). How to fix this?

After login, all language/region settings seem fine.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T18:32:05+00:00

    Hi, have the same issue, and my first thought was - virus/malware.
    But apparently it is not the case.
    I'm located in Poland, Windows is in English, and only Polish LP added.
    Picture with issue

    Where does the Thai language comes from?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T19:42:12+00:00

    Dear Johan,

    I have the same problem (I have not used my laptop between 29 Dec and 3 Jan). My welcome screen, and my sleep screen turn to Thai no matter how many times I re-set back to English. I have also tried your recommendation, but it is still Thai after restart. I would appreciate another advice/idea. Thank you!
    Happy New Year!

    Giorgiana

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T20:10:02+00:00

    Solution or better workaround worked for me - on right top side of screen you could "vote" that you do not like picture - then picture is changed - and the new one is finaly in english...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T22:44:39+00:00

    It's baaaaack... but now in Swedish (I think, or some other Scandinavian language) with a picture from Indonesia.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-12T06:13:54+00:00

    Hi Johann,

    I checked and the welcome screen was set to English. Even after restarting, the Windows Spotlight screen is still using a non-English language. When I open Edge, it also takes me to MSN.com in a non-English language. Do you have any other solutions to try?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments